Saturday 27 September 2014

First Week of Uni


Hello!

Can't wait for you to hear all this cool stuff I've had going on in London Met! There hasn't been actual teaching yet but this Introduction Week has offered a lot of activities (and food) for new students and I've been trying my best to enjoy it all! My favourite days were Tuesday and Wednesday so I'll be focusing on them in this post!!

Tuesday - Treasure Hunt


Our mission in treasure hunt was to find our way to The Calcutta House where some of the teaching happens sometimes. We were also given about 30 questions about our school building and the landmarks nearby. 
This treasure hunt gave a great opportunity to adore the local area! London Met is in the heart of the city and the cool and reeeaaally tall buildings, including my personal favourite, The Pickle, are all near my school! :3

When we had found all the answers to the questions given we headed inside the Calcutta House where we were offered foods and drinks while waiting for the results of the hunt. The food looked and tasted delicious. I'm crazy about the lemon cake they make here! It's so lemony! :'p <3
Oh you wanna know who won? My team of course! ;) We all got £20 vouchers to Amazon!! (^_^)

Wednesday - Cruise on Thames 

This school day was mostly about this two-hour cruise and thankfully we were blessed with beautiful day with sunshine! :) Our cruise started right from the London Bridge and because the boat was so tall they had to lift the bridge for us!
I spent most of the cruise enjoying the weather and the view although it got a bit windy and cold towards the end.

It still feels so surreal to think that I'm living in London and getting the opportunity to study in this amazing school surrounded by wonderful people. If this is a dream, never let me wake up :') <3

But it's back to serious business on Monday when the actual teaching starts!
Enjoy your weekend and hopefully I'll see ya in the next post! :)

~Saija~




No comments:

Post a Comment